I just attended a great webinar from IBM and Social Media Today entitled “What Does Customer Experience Mean for Your Social Business?”
The definition of marketing is changing – it’s less of a ‘thing’ and more of a culture. Less about the company and more about the customer. Start with what you want your customer to experience, THEN DO THAT. Social is merely one of the many technological channels to deliver such an experience. Use it well.
My Tweet Notes:
- Social media is changing the customer experience – it now happens outside the transaction.#smtlive
- Companies that understand user experience: Amazon, Starbucks, Netflix, Apple, and so on.#smtlive
- How engage socially? Use apps, push value added content, use YouTube. It’s not asking for business, it’s building a relationship.
- Will people play for a good customer experience? Yes! But most companies don’t “get it” – what an opportunity!#smtlive
- Great ideas, products and services are not enough. #smtlive
- Reacting vs. Engaging – great topic to explore! #smtlive @Hyken
- Reacting: speed counts (within the hour!), answer on the same social channel, and be transparent/public. #smtlive
- Engaging: beyond customer service – extending the relationship. #smtlive
- So how get from your current state to your desired state? #smtlive @dhaucke
- Current state: silo’d, reactionary, inconsistent, and evolving #smtlive
- Desired state: across channels, across the organization, in real-time, and continuously improving. In short, it’s about the culture….
- Continuous Customer Engagement Framework: understand, plan, design, build, engage, listen, optimize. #smtlive
- How do you understand your customer? Challenging – many touch points to consider (transactions, demos, etc.) #smtlive
- Understanding customers holistically is not simple, look at behaviroal, sentimental and predictive analytics. #smtlive
- It’s not about managing your customers, its about designing something your customers really want! #smtlive
- Define the ideal customer experience – then evaluate every customer touch point. #smtlive
- Deliver marketing that is so good that it feels like a service. #smtlive