It’s tempting to write about what is on your mind at a given moment. But that’s not a relevant blog, that’s a diary.
Re-read the last blog post you wrote. Was it relevant? A relevant blog post contains three key elements:
1) It does something for your reader, such as:
- Inspire imagination
- Convey empathy
- Show “how-to”
- Provoke thought
2) It contains a call-to-action, such as:
- Sign up for an email newsletter
- Buy an eBook
- Click on an affiliate link
- Leave a comment
- Subscribe to an RSS feed
- Refer the post to others
3) And finally, it conveys your enthusiasm and unique perspective of your subject matter. There are a lot of blogs on most every possible subject. What makes yours unique and interesting to read?
Bottom line – channel your passion in a manner that is relevant to your target reader and achieves your objective.
So how did I do? Are you inspired? Did I provoke thought?
I hope so.